Saturday, February 9

Saturday Calm

ADDENDA:
Yesterday was a great day. Getting out on the bike with a friendly face reminded me of all the good hours I've spent travelling by pedal power, and cooking a semi-decent meal for 8 was a new and fun challenge which I really enjoyed.

I haven't taken a proper bike ride since mid November, a long time for me. One thing Ilsa advised is that I get off my ass and do some things that make me happy. Biking is probably healthier than prozac.

This past week, I've been sending out resumes for project management work, watching too much TV, and I toured the French Culinary Institute and sat in on a class and spoke with career-advisement peeps at the Institute for Culinary Education. I think whatever happens with work, I'll be going to culinary school at the ICE either full time in late March or early May, or if a job manifests going to the ICE part time in the evening. It's exciting and frightening, as the future is uncertain and fuzzy.

BREAKFAST: 11am, 4 potato pancakes with creme fraiche, 1 piece of apple crumble.
The ice cream is just too rich this early.

PM SNACK: 1pm, handful of roasted buttery salty nuts, hunger 4/5
Make yer gay jokes here!

PM SNACK: 2:30pm, small ramekin of vanilla ice cream, hunger 4/5
This is the first ice cream I've made that is still really good after hardening in the freezer - it seems with enough air whipped into it, it doesn't get soooo stiff when hardened.

PM SNACK: 3:30pm, 3 potato pancakes, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 3:45pm, 1 slice streetza, hunger 4/5
From my local, nice and minimally cheesy.

PM SNACK: 4:45pm, a few handfuls of popcorn, hunger 3/5
Went to the movies with B to see 'Juno', I walked out after the first 30 minutes, as I found it overbearing and highschoolish.

DINNER #1: 7:30pm, brussel sprouts, shrimp with chorizo, pork empinada, gnochi, venison, hunger 3/5
Tapas bar with B & her friend Dana. Food was tasty, but small portions with large prices attached, and it was so LOOOOUD in there. I don't like brussel sprouts, but I ate a small bunch - I thought if I go to culinary school, I'm going to probably have to try a lot of foods I'd otherwise avoid - it's good to get out of my comfort zone. The sprouts were eh, an earthy sharp bitter undertone I don't dig too much.

DINNER #2: 10:15pm, pint pork fried rice, grape 'GUS' soda, hunger 4/5
What an odd eating day. Needed some comfort food, but no way I was gonna do the Chinese brick - I've come to realize they make me feel crappy for a day afterwards. But a small pint of fried rice hit the spot after that twee tapas food.

I bought a 4 of this soda at WF, to meet my hankering for both candy and soda. Damn, it's good in a straight-up way. Maybe culinary/management will help me think of my own niche produc to unleash upon the world...

No comments: