Monday, March 3

Wired

ADDENDA:
Met with Ilsa this evening. When I mentioned I had a huge pork chop marinating in the fridge for dinner AND the cheese & bacon sandwich was still sitting in my stomach, she calmly & rationally suggested maybe a pork chop wasn't what I should be eating that evening.

She was right, of course, and throwing in some veg with the broccoli came out really good (my first experience with leek!) But it left room for more desert....I didn't pound a lot on purpose, it just kinda slipped down my throat... light dinner and heavy desert is a bad combination for me - I was up till 4pm, wired on sugar.

BREAKFAST:
9:30am, organic raisin bran with good milk, 1 bowl, hunger 3/5

LUNCH: 1:15pm, 2 grilled cheese & bacon sandwiches on super hippy bread, half bottle of seltzer, 1.5 bowls, hunger 4/5
Used 4 strips of bacon, and used it's grease instead of butter. Came out goooood, though next time I will use butter, too.

DINNER: 8:30pm, roasted brocolli with tofu, onion, leek and mushroom, water, 2 bowls, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK: 10pm, about a total of 5 small chocolate cupcakes, 1 bowl, hunger 3/5
Eaten in the form of both batter, hot out of the oven, and cooled with butter cream frosting. Made from scratch, the cupcakes were unpleasantly dense and a bit too much like cakey brownies, but the butter cream frosting was over the top good - used a boutique butter recommended in Saveur magazine, was dead simple to make and confirmed my suspicion that those jars of Betty Crocker 'fudgy' frosting my mom would buy were nutso.

No comments: