Saturday, March 8

Dinnerfest I: Pizza Nite

ADDENDA:
Woke up late, bathed and whipped up lunch, then went to a yoga basics class, hit the farmers market, cleaned the house and prepped for Dinnerfest. Four friends came over, none know each other, but I knew all were quality peeps and was a great vibe, emails were exchanged and all the fod presented was eated, with 2nd all around. With the left over ingredients, made calzones for peeps to take home.

LUNCH: Noon, shrimp in a stock and sherry reduction with mushroom brown rice, 1 bowl,, seltzer, hunger 4/5
After making it and eating some, realized that I had made about 3 bowls worth of rice, but was content at less than 1.

PM SNACK: 4:45pm, 1 mutzu apple, chunk of raw milk onion edammer cheese, seltzer, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Went to the farmers market after yoga, didn't buy much other than this snack. Damn, that apple was crisp and fresh!

PM SNACK: 6pm, veggie booty, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Spent the last hour cleanings the house, something Betsy somehow doubted I would do before having guests, like I was some uber-slob before she moved in. Hrumph!

DINNER: 8:30pm, spinach salad with olive oil & balsamic & roasted cashews, various pizza slices, small cup of homemade vanilla ice cream, 2 glasses red wine, 1 beer, seltzer, 2.5 bowls
The first night of Dinnerfest went swimmingly, but I must admit, it did feel a little bit like a punt - I've done the pizza thing for 5-6 people before. Still, I did this nice appetizer salad - baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, cucumber minus the seeds, balsamic and olive oil, and some crushed freshly roasted cashews in butter and fresh thyme, really yummy.

I discovered with the pizzas that if I role it out to a 6" disc then let it rest until I need it, the dough becomes VERY loose and barely needs to be rolled, it can by stretched by hand! And tossed, I imagine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rad night!
Home made Ice cream! Who does that? YOU DO!
Thank you again for feeding our bellies.

yo yo,
-Jenni