Thursday, March 6

I See Dad People

ADDENDA:
After an interview, popped in to see an afternoon movie. As I was going up an escalator, an elderly man was on the opposite side coming down. Elderly, slightly stooped, the gray-white pallor I recognized from my father in his last few years. The man was wearing a goofy fully-brimmed fisherman-style hat my dad wore too and my mom would make fun of. The man was wearing a non-descript jacket a size or two too large, which probably fit him fine a few years ago, just like my father would wear it.

I remembered when I'd go out with my dad, I conciously knew that I had to cherish the time in the present, because I knew there would be a day when he'd be gone and I see some other little old man on the street which I would be able to mistake for him from a distance. Though I knew it, I didn't quite believe it.

BREAKFAST: 8:15am, organic chex with good milk, 1 bowl, hunger 3/5

AM WATERING: 11am, 24 oz still

NOON SNACK: Noon, 1 slice pizza, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
After some interviews, stopped by the '99 Cent Pizza' place behind Port Authority. The slice was hot and fresh, but small, doughy & undercooked, undersauced and tasted more like hot dough than pizza...

LUNCH: 3:30pm, homemade pasta with meat ragu, 1 cupcake, 2 bowls, hunger 4.5/5
Hungry, road bike hard home, which made me hungrier.

DINNER: 7pm, vegetarian Ethiopian food, water, 1 bowl, hunger 2/5
Dinner out with B, not hungry at all, but still enjoyed it.

No comments: