Friday, April 18

Jonesing for My Pusherman

ADDENDA:
Picked up gefilte-fish loaf from Russ & Daughter's for the seder I'm cooking for Sunday. My mom once picked up a loaf for her seder and it was weirdly good - the jarred stuff is in snot sauce and mushy veg. This loaf of pike & whitefish is dry, no jelly, and cooked carrots came on the side. I wish I could ask my mom where she got hers, it could of been R&D's, or it could of been any of a number of orthodox food shops in the hood.

Picked up my culinary uniform this morning. Crazy. Laid down wearing the white chef jacket embroidered with my name while listening to the new Nick Cave and Breeders records, seasoning it with some good vibes.

BREAKFAST: 9:45am, organic chex with good milk, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 2pm, whole wheat penne with hot italian sausage, sauted mushrooms and homemade tomato sauce, water, 3 bowls, hunger 4/5
Well, I made a big-ass bowl of pasta, which I fried up a raw piece of sausage and some shrooms. I used to eat portions of pasta like this for both lunch and dinner - I haven't had a big pasta meal like this in quite a while, but Ilsa is quite insistent that I up my lunch quantities and low-light my dinner.

Funny thing, after eating this, I started grazing in the kitchen for sweets, but there were none. Then I thought -damn!- I just ate a HUGE lunch, why am I looking for sweets? I'm gonna take care of some stuff, and if I'm still craving, gonna run out and get a good-ass donut from my local donut pusher-man...

PM SNACK: 3:15pm, chocolate glazed yeast donut, .75 bowl, hunger 3/5
Ahhhhhhhhhh......sweet oblivion.....

DINNER: 6:45pm, cod in broth, mushroom pate, small peanutbutter tofu desert, 1 glass presecco, water, 1.5 bowls, hunger 3/5
Not very hungry, but went to the new Broadway East Restaurant on East Broadway with B and Katya, who came down to wish me a happy birthday - my 23rd birthday meal this year. The restaurant, which is in my hood, is surprisingly upscale, about 85% vegan/vegetarian menu, and tasty. I just hope it can make it, must take the HVS there soon...

No comments: