Monday, April 14

My Wife Is Nutty

ADDENDA:
Went into the Institute of Culinary Education for a uniform fitting. As I was trying on the jacket, got a tingle up my spine, felt really exciting, like when I was selecting gear for my cross-country bike trip. One week from tomorrow, it begins, along with a refurnished blog....

Weigh 231 again this week. I guess I should start thinking in terms of how I'm going to actually lose weight while going to culinary school.

BREAKFAST: 9:45am, granola with good milk, .5 bowl, hunger 2/5

LUNCH: 11:30am, shackburger, 1 bowl, hunger 3/5
A visit to the grave, so to speak. Visited B early in the day to take care of some chores, then we wandered into Madison Square Park, where the line to the Shake Shack was only 3-deep. Wasn't particularly hungry, but it was something interesting to do - for you non-NYers, Shake Shack is a fancy burger stand in a public park run by a famous restaurateur, and the burgers are supposedly some of the best in the city. I had a plain burger months ago there, and was extremely underwhelmed. After seeing that picture of the kid shoving the burger in his face like it was going to solve all his problems, I thought hell, what if I'm wrong, what if I'M the crazy one and a good burger really is some sort of good thing.

The shackburger comes on a plain toasted McDonalds-like bun, with lettuce, tomato, crappy American cheese, bacon and mayo (which I don't like, but appreciate it's ability as a barrier to keep the bun from going all soggy), and the meat was tough but juicy, over salted and after eating it, felt greasy all over. Nope, not a good thing. Good thing I only ate one. I don't know what would of happened if I ate fries and a shake with it, eeeeeee.... nope, I will never become a burger connoisseur....I'm a pizza man, through and through.

PM SNACK: 1:15pm. 1.5 homemade power bars, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 5:30pm, small amount of undressed spinach salad, .25 bowl, hunger 3/5
B said she left a serving of salad behind....a serving for a 3 foot midget Buddhist on a hunger strike... she gone done become plum insane!

DINNER #1: 6pm, 1 piece lasagna with tomato sauce, small cup of almond ice cream 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Had 2 pieces of Dinnerfest lasagna left, but thought it's a bit of a large serving - I should be eating larger lunches and smaller dinners, not the other way around. So I had only one, then found the remnants of Dinnerfest ice cream in the freezer - B said it "might not be good anymore", so when I checked I saw what she meant - she had eaten all but a few scraping from the side of the Tupperware! I guess no good for me, but just fine for her! Nutty! Yet I still love her...

DINNER #2: 7:45pm, 2 pancakes, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Two left over pancakes from the weekend out of the freezer - damn, the microwave is a great thing.

EVENING SNACK: 12am, boca burger on whole wheat, popcorn, 1.5 bowls, hunger 4/5
Just got so hungry, couldn't think straight.

No comments: