Sunday, December 14

My B is the Best B who ever B'd a B


Isn't she lovely? I spent Sunday morning rolling, cutting and baking gingerbread while she was in the bedroom baking Norbert/Norbertetta Jr. By the time I had to go to E's house to help her get her party ready, B wanted to frost the cookies she was bringing to the party we were to meet at later. So I helped her get through a simple royal icing recipe (3 cups sifted confectioner's sugar into 2 stiff-whipped egg whites with a big dose of fresh lemon juice), getting it into a piping bag and then let her rip. She's so great! I was really under the gun for time and feeling frazzled and she just....made me happy to be there with her.

The chopped liver was a surprising hit at E's party, all of it being consumed well before the end of the party -- I thought I had made too much. It's gratifying to know that I can make something well that I don't personally care for.

In the late evening, B and I went to the restaurant for their holiday party, was a lot of fun with drinks abounding and Japanese food, but I could see B was fading fast and took her (and her baked good) home soon after midnight.

SATURDAY

BREAKFAST:
10:30am, good granola with good milk, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM SNACK:
11:45am, glass of apple cider, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 2pm, homemade scallop and chicken parsley pizza, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Had left over ingredients for another pie. Funny, took just as long as if I was making a crappy frozen pie. This was a bit crappy because I didn't have to to let the oven properly warm up, oh well.

PM SNICKLE SNACK: 5:30pm, vegan chocolate chip cookie, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK:
7pm, popcorn, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 9:30pm, vegan kimchi udon noodles, a few spoonfuls of peanutbutter chocolate thingy, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING WATERING:
11:45pm, pint of water

SUNDAY

AM SNACKING: 9am-noon, bits of gingerbread cookie, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

LATE BREAKFAST:
noon, good cornflakes with good milk, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
When I finished baking, realized I didn't feel well because didn't really eat anything proper and felt like I was running on fumes.

PARTY FOOD: 1pm-11:30pm, 6 perogies, gingerbread cookies, brownies, 2 alcoholic drinks, water, bits of sushi roll, spring roll, 2 bowls, hunger 4/5
Attended three parties, including one late one at the restaurant.

No comments: