Tuesday, December 16

Temple of Culinary Retardation

After yesterday's warm day of exercise, today was a cold, snowy day of feeling unwell. Woke up early to make it to B's checkup, everything is good with the Norbetto/Norbetta Jr. I was going to go to yoga, but just went home and collapsed.

Went out with a friend to see Neil Young at Madison Square Garden in the evening. $7.25 for a hotdog! A not very good hotdog! All through the night, every ten seconds or so, someone would come by with a crate of bud or budlight on their heads pitching beer. Yick. Stadiums are temples built to honor culinary retardation. Well, at least this one.

AM SNACK: 7:45am, chocolate donut, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

BREAKFAST:
9:45am, brioche french toast, bacon, water, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK:
1pm, apple, small piece of jack cheese, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK:
3pm, tablespoon of peanut butter, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH:
4:30pm, 2 slices of pizza, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Straight outta the freezer, from the restaurant.

DINNER: 8:15pm, boar ragu tagliatelle, 1 small piece of bread, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

EARLY MORNING SINNING: 2am, 2 small cheeseburgers, a 'medium' fries and a 'medium' sprite, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
I guess the culinary retardation rubbed off on me, because I was in a rare mood when I got off a very long subway ride in my 'hood. Not much going on on at 2am on Wednesday, and I was in the mood for cheap, greasy, unhealthy....evil. McDonald's was considered a treat when I was a kid, and I remember going there once in a blue moon, usually when my mom took my brother and me to visit our grandmother in Peter Cooper Village. I got basically what I would of got as a kid, except it would of been one burger, not 2, and the medium fries would of been easily 1/2 the size. According to the calorie listings, I just wolfed down 1,200 calories or so. Imagine if I supersized it, or had a Big Mac or something.

It was a long, high-strung day, thinking about the future and not feeling well. I definitely will not be feeding my kid McDonald's. When they get to my point in their life, hopefully they'll reach for a fresh knish or a properly made pancake.

No comments: