Friday, January 9

If Zambonis were food, they would be lucsious chocolate.


Went ice skating at Bryant Park this evening with a friend, which sharpened my appetite for a meal in Koreatown one neighborhood south after -- it's been a while since I did a real bike ride due to the season. Before that, yoga. Hunger really is the best seasoning, after salt! Ever since I was a kid, I've always found the circles the Zamboni makes on the ice hypnotizing and calming, just like watching a freight train in motion. What's that about?

Tried to eat healthier today, but got run off the rails by a gift of a box of chocolates and feeling not too well late into the evening. I think part of it is that tomorrow (the 10th) is the 3rd anniversary of my mother's passing.

I had an odd dream last night. I was walking on a sidewalk somewhere in the neighborhood late at night with a very pregnant B, the sidewalks are bit icy. B pauses and says, "Oh, I forgot to show you our new book!" and takes out a large food-related soft cover book. The authors are her (under her maiden name) and my name, co-authors.

There are a couple of blurbs on the cover about her, saying how great she is, and 1 blurb by my name, that said my writing is blank, dull and needlessly ornate. I asked B why they would put such a negative comment on the cover, she said that was the only person who read your work. I open it up and it's just the first iteration of this blog, laid out in order with out any editing. It's horrible! I asked B if I gave permission for this stuff to be reprinted, she reminded me of a brief conversation we had in passing a year ago. I said, "Oh." All my 'would of' and 'could ofs' are all there, my belly-button ruminations, etc.

BREAKFAST: 9am, momma style salad with a little homemade hummus, .75 bowl, hunger 3/5
Felt good to eat something different and healthy and momma-honoring for breakfast.

LUNCH: 11:45am, homemade rice & beans with a spoonful of salsa, grape soda, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Wow, this stuff really keeps well! I have a lot in the freezer, but this container was in the fridge, and still tasted really good.

PM SNACK: 2pm, handful of chocolate, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Got another holiday gift in the mail today, a box of Sees chocolates. Uh oh!

DINNER: 7pm, bibimbop, scallion pancake, beef broth, kimchi, assorted little Korean plates, a spoonful of red bean ice cream. 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK:
midnight-3am, a few chocolates, tortilla chips and salsa, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Couldn't fall asleep.

No comments: