Wednesday, January 7

Tired, New Begining

After working at the restaurant last night and not getting to bed till 2, getting up to be in class at 8am was a stretch. After popping into a crappy faux-50's comfort-food diner-type place with B for lunch, I went home to nap, go over school stuff and get my head in order.

I don't often eat burgers, I find greasy chop meat disagrees with my digestion. But this place's central theme was 'comfort food', and I just sat through a morning of being told how central concept is to the core of a restaurant. And to me, the most central item that lives at the heart of all-American comfort food is a hamburger. So it's gotta be good, right?

Nah, strictly mediocre. I'm glad I skipped the fries, B got a dish of sub-par chili-mac laced with tortilla chips she didn't want. I'm just glad I asked for it medium-well instead of my usual medium-rare, as I wouldn't trust that place with my health.

For a detailed rundown of culinary management school, hop on over to Culinary School Confidential. I'm bringing this blog back from the dead to ruminate on what I'm doing in school, while I continue to log everything I cook, eat, and feed my friends & loved ones (and customers) in this space.

BREAKFAST: 7am, toasted bagel with butter, swig of apple cider, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 12:15pm, hamburger, a few tortilla chips, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 7pm, peppersteak with fried rice, egg roll, wonton soup, ramekin of caramel ice cream, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Not the healthiest, but what I was in the mood for. Must be the lack of sleep. If I'm going to see Ilsa next week without feeling like a total gooneybird, I gotta come correct.

No comments: