Thursday, February 5

Breakfats

After class, made my way into Brooklyn for lunch with a friend. After, I popped by Jaques Torres in DUMBO to pick up some sweet valentine treats for B, and swung by a new upscale pizza place to drop off an application. As it turns out, the owner was in and got to sit for an informal interview. We hit it off and I'm going back next week for a try out. Who knows what pizza adventures lay ahead?

Spent the evening making 2 cauldrons of high quality chicken stock -- a week of chicken soup really appeals right now. My appetite never quite returned after eating 2/3 of a way-too-large sundae.

BREAKFATS (typo but I'm keepin' it): 7am, BLT on a bagel with half an order of homefries, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
At my diner around the corner from my house. Just hungry and nothing in the house. I used to be a bit of a regular here, and they remembered me -- after I ordered, the man asked, "Diet coke?" Oy. This was the only breakfast from this place I could stomach now -- their pancakes are gummy chemical messes. The 'side' of homefries just looked monstrous to me, and was easy to eat only half.

LUNCH: 2:30pm, mulligatawny soup, shrimp curry with rice and roti, water, brownie sundae, 2 bowl, hunger 4/5
Lunch in Brooklyn with a friend I don't get to see nearly enough. With Y, we ALWAYS over eat. She just loves the act of eating, and when we get together we just create a self-reinforcing whirlwind of gluttony. After some decent Indian, we went to a patisserie for ice cream sundaes on one of the bitter coldest days of the year. Because that's how we roll.

PM WATERING: 7pm, quart

No comments: