Sunday, February 1

Lil' Less Illin'


Felt crappy but better, enjoyed staying and helping B do the laundry, read a little, watch a lot of bad TV. Postponed some housework for a day later, so I can spend the day painting and prepping tomorrow. Watched the superbowl ads -- the 2 Subway ads aimed at being diet-conscious and dirt cheap, a good place to be in this economy, I suppose.

BRUNCH: 1pm, tofu pad thai, green salad with peanut sauce, shrimp wrapped in wonton, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 5pm, 2 dietetic ice cream sandwiches, ramekin of homemade vanilla ice cream, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
B did some food shopping without me, and ended up getting some stink bomb for the bathroom. Even more offensive than turning our john into a French whorehouse, she bought a pack of 6 'Skinny Cow' low-fat vanilla ice cream sandwiches on chocolate biscuits. These reminded me of the Carvel flying saucers my parents indulged us with a few times growing up, straight from the parlor, not a supermarket. These were similar, but ridiculously flavorless, with a chemically thin feel in the mouth, and the cookie part was crumbly and chewy at the same time.

BUT the marketing and the name is to chicks, to make women feel better about indulging. And indulge B did, eating 4 of the damn things. I have no problem with B eating a whole lot of ice cream, but it should be REAL ice cream, with full fat, full flavor, no fillers and no chemicals. And the FACT is that for all the fat but half the calories, B would have been much more satiated.

I had to cleanse my palate with some of my homemade vanilla in the freezer, and let's just say, the two tasted like two different food groups all together.

DINNER: 8pm, 5 carrots, water, .25 bowl, hunger 3/5

No comments: