Wednesday, February 11

Pizza training

After class, shot over to a yet-to-open pizza restaurant underneath the Brooklyn Bridge on the Brooklyn side and spent the afternoon hanging out and training with a very raw team. The try-out/training period is for another week or two until the joint can actually open, but I think I do want to go back as much as possible, if only to train -- I think I have a lot to learn from the owner/chef. He whipped out an old school Sicilian pie in the Italian oven that pretty much rocked my world.

Met B for our first child-birthing class thang after, had a salad before hand to try to get my diet into some semblance of a balance, guffaw!

BREAKFAST: 8pm, marble pound cake, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 12:30pm, 10 pork n' chive dumplings, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
$2.50 at the tiny joint with no English speakers near the base of the Manhattan Bridge.

PM SNACK: 2:30pm, 2 small slices of Sicilian pizza, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Really good.

DINNER: 5:30pm, Cesar salad, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK: 8:45pm, ramekin of pistachio ice cream, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Bought this flavor because I knew B wouldn't eat it. Not particularly great, the ice cream tasted more almondy than anything else, and the bits of pistachio were not so much crunchy as soft.

EVENING SNACK: 9:30, potato chips, cider, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Mini binge! I didn't eat enough today.

No comments: