Monday, February 9

Taxi food

On the way back from school to home, I swung by an Indian punjabi grocery on Houston and A that primarily serves taxi drivers. I discovered this place back in the mid-90s when I worked around the corner, and I must say it hasn't changed a bit. I got a HUGE plate of fresh potato and pea samosas smothered in chickpea curry, a couple of hearty fresh rotis, sprinkled with onion and yogurt on the side, all for $6.50. It would definitely be more expensive for me to try to make this at home, and wouldn't have been nearly as good.

Spent the evening at the restaurant on phone/bus duty. First time I've worked this position, was interesting getting a different perspective on the workings of the machine that is the restaurant.

BREAKFAST: 7am, organic chex with good milk, swig of apple cider, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 12:45pm, potato samosas and chickpea curry, 2 roti, pint of cider, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM WATERING: 3pm, quart

PM SNACK: 5pm, tiramisu, cheesecake, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 8pm, slice of banana nutella pizza, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 9:30pm, square slice with onion and sausage, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: