Saturday, February 14

Bubbly Wine & Chocolate is Devine

Spent the day with B at the movies, literally. We made an early before-noon showing of one movie, then took advantage of the multiplex and sat for another right after. I've only done this sporadically over the years (who has the time?) and always by myself, so it was wonderful to have, as they are fond of saying on many profiles on dating websites, a 'partner in crime'. Perhaps the cheapest Valentines date ever?

We found a small neighborhood Korean joint right after that was great but the portions were too large. But there was no crazy v-day menu, and was uncrowded and no-stress.

BREAKFAST: 9:30am, good yogurt with honey, vanilla, cashews, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 11:30am, slice of streetza, 3 cider donuts, 3 small whole wheat pretzels, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
We walked to Union Square, or more precisely because of B's condition, we mosied. I saw a "99 Cent Pizza" place off Washington Square, and was curious. The crust was surprisingly good, crisp bottom and a nice chew, though you could see the marks of the screen they used. Strong yeast flavor, which you have to like, which I do. The toppings were a disaster, flavorless tomato sauce and orange, greasy cheese that tasted overwhelmingly of salt. Still, for a buck, it's definitely pizza.

The pretzels and donuts were purchased in the Union Square farmer's market, and got me through the movies.

DINNER: 4:45pm, kimchi pancake, bulgogi japchae, kimchi, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK: 8pm, left over kimchi pancake and bulgogi, chocolate bon-bons, half a glass of prosecco, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
We swung by Trader Joe's on the walk home, just because neither of us have been there in a year or so. I always tease B that she's a spoiled wife, that she just sits around all day eating bon-bons. So I couldn't resist when I saw bon-bons for sale (hor deurve sized balls of chocolate ice cream on a small chocolate cookie, covered in a thin chocolate shell) When we got home, I served a plate of them with a bottle of prosecco, which B had a few sips. I was really surprised to find that the chocolate and prosecco flavors went together f'ing fantastically. Wow! I think I want sparkling white wine with chocolate at all times now. And with my wife!

No comments: