Saturday, March 28

Another Day at the Resto

Fell asleep around 10pm, woke up at 4:15am, with details of the restaurant rattling around my head. The only way to quiet it was to get up and organize and do the things I knew I needed to do this morning.

BREAKFAST: 5:30am, brown rice crispies with dead organic milk, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM SNACK: 7am, 3 freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
B (and maybe me) are going to a dinner party tonight, thank goodness I made cookie dough the other day and froze it, so I could make a top-shelf quality cookie with minimal effort.

LUNCH: 10am, most of a large turkey sandwich on nice fresh whole grain bread, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Knew enough to pick something up on the way to the restaurant, did want to forget to eat again today.

PM SNACK: 4:45pm, cheesy pork sausage roasted with parsnip, a little wine, a little cream soda, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
After menu review with the kitchen crew, L cooked up a sample staff meal, a nice flavorful Italian sausage with some parsnip that was turning him on. Poured a nice red wine all over everything mid-cooking which cooked off and gave a nice thick savory coating to the whole affair.

DINNER: 7pm, sausage and broccoli rave, whole wheat spaghetti with shallots and butter, 2 chocolate chip cookies, half glass of prosecco, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
The half glass of booze knocked me for a loop. Dinner at a friend of B's -- and the recipe for the dinner was from Rachel Ray! It's not so much nervy to attempt to cook her stuff as much as nervy to admit it!

EVENING SNACK:10:30pm, 4 chocolate chip cookies
My evil wife baked off more dough while I was out today! Hrumph!

No comments: