Monday, March 23

Chillaxing

Had the day off from the resto, so after class, headed over to Brooklyn and HVS treated to me some home cooking. She was a bit hesitant to cook for me but even her brussel sprouts were pretty good. A relaxing afternoon of a movie and yoga, then some chillin' in her crib until I went off for a meaty meal to celebrate myself.

Haven't yogasized in a while, felt really good to get a little physical, though my left shoulder had a new twinge -- old age is coming on! HVS expressed concern about me eating pizza everyday of the week - she's right, I need to think about how to keep my eating in a healthier way while working around seriously yummy but nutritionally stunted food.

BREAKFAST: 6:45am, smoothie with good yogurt, dead organic milk, frozen blueberries, kiwi, grapes, pinch of salt, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
Good to eat something super healthy for breakfast again. Not sweet enough, the tart and the bitter was a bit much, maybe a shot of agave? But for the first smoothie of Spring (and 2009), not a bad start.

AM SNACK: 9:45am, apple fritter, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
From Starbucks. Feel bad about shopping at the corporate behemoth, but the product is just better than cart cake -- the pound cake from the cart makes my stomach feel achy.

HVS SPECIAL: 12:30, brown rice with pumpkin seeds, baby arugula with tamari (!) pumpkin seeds, lemon, nutritional yeast and salt, steamed brussel sprouts, carob peanut butter cup, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Delicious snickle at HVS Fortress. The basmanti brown rice was really fragrant, and the salad zinged loud to the rice's low bassy note. I'm not a fan of brussel sprouts, but HVS cooked 'em not too hard and not too mushy. The carob cup, however, was a bit of a sad impostor. I must make HVS some vegan peanut butter cups using sinful dark chocolate and cartoony childlike supermarket peanut butter!

POST YOGA SNICKLE: 6:15pm, 4 flax crackers with tahini

DINNER: 8pm, braesola and arugula, pork goulash with fresh noodles, brownie with scoop of ice cream, prosecco, madeira, water, bite of steak, a few french fries, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
I was taken to Flatbush Farm for dinner for my birthday -- it's fun when people are singing Happy Birthday to you to sing along and shout "ME!" when they say your name.

No comments: