Tuesday, June 23

Geeked Out

Woke up and road out to deep Brooklyn for an interview at a community organization looking for someone to teach some high school kids about culinary arts and food once a week in the fall. Seemed pretty legit, liked the vibe, reminded me of the community center my mom ran for most of her career. Could be a lot of fun, and a good chance to put a lot of my training into practice in a broader way than just in a commercial kitchen.

Afterwards, swung by Ikea for lunch (surprisingly better than I remember), then home to chill with B and Birdie. Birdie is just so....cute. Her poohs are cute. The little whiteheady-rash on her face is cute. Her crying is cute. Her little cow-licks are cute. Gaaaah!

Practiced yoga with the HVS in the evening, with some good simple middle eastern fare after. Between feeling SO tight and out of shape during the class, then eating so well, made me feel that, ahhh, perhaps I should stop eating so shitty and get back on it -- can't use the bebe as an excuse forever, and B was getting on my case for eating these horrible beef patties out of the freezer. Tomorrow, I check in at the restaurant, perhaps I'll see what my future is there then.

BREAKFAST: 8am, organic chex with the good milk, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH 1: 12:30pm, Swedish meatballs, mashed potatoes, gravy, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Weird being in Ikea earlish on a weekday in Brooklyn. I realized I've probably never been in an Ikea by myself, it was a very chill experience.

LUNCH 2: 2pm, 2 frozen Jamaican beef patties, a little gatorade, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
More comfort food from my youth, but unlike the Stouffer's french bread pizza, this was kinda disgusting.

PM SNACK: 4:45pm, homemade chocolate cookies n' creme ice cream, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Oh my, this is good. Just talking with the outgoing teacher at the organization I interviewed out, we geeked-out a little about homemade icecream together.

SNICKLEDINNER: 9pm, half a large falafel platter, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK: 12:15am, 2 vegetable dumplings

No comments: