Thursday, September 17

Cheesus does not love his pretzel.

Today was a slow start, but got out of the house and made it to Central Park. In the subway, a man playing steel drums dedicated a song to Edie, then a smelly-looking man asked me what "his" name was. I didn't want to engage him, so I just said "Eddie". What's an extra D between strangers? Moments later, the greasy-looking beardy quasi-hipster I was standing next to in the crowded uptown 5 train announces loudly, in a comically high voice, that we were all saved because "Cheesus" loved us, etc etc.

BREAKFAST: 8am, organic cheerios with the good milk, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH:
11:45am, large green salad, homemade risotto, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Wow that risotto is rich, had maybe a cup's worth but it sure packs a filling punch.

PM SNACK: 2pm, "cheese" pretzel, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
Edie & I trekked up to the south east corner of Central Park to read a bit, and ended up spending some time in the massive FAO Schwarz toy store, lured in by the promise of a bathroom. After, found myself hungry but there are no cheap restaurants and all the vendors just sell hot dogs. The Central Park vendors sell three kinds of pretzels -- plain, cheese and "pizza". I said what the hell, let's see what a pizza pretzel is, and the vendor said "No! Cheese!" Uhhh, ok. What I got was a none-too-fresh pretzel with a line of flavorless sub-cheezewhiz cheese product in the middle of the dough. I can only shudder at the thought of a pizza version.

DINNER: 6pm, pork panang curry, shrimp & chicken dumplings, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Ordering in with B&E.

EVENING SNACK: 8pm, oreo cookies, some cookies & cream ice cream, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Bringing ice cream to dinner at yomomma's house for the beginning of the holidays.

No comments: