Friday, September 18

Pirate of the HIgh Seas of Pizza

With B home with Edles, I rode out to Coney Island, a nice relaxed trip. Stopped by my fishball vendor on the way home, but by the time we were in a cab going uptown to B's family for a holiday dinner, realized I was starving. We stopped in the slice joint across from my mommainlaw's home, but was told they were 4 minutes away from the next slice. Talk about poor management. If you're a friggin' slice joint, YOU HAVE TO HAVE SLICES ON HAND!! It's cool they're baking them fresh and not 15 pies in the morning to reheat all day. But they should always be one pie ahead of running out. I wanted to jump behind the counter and slap each counterperson, then hijack it like a pirate of the high seas and declare myself manager-captain.

BREAKFAST: 9am, toasted bagel with cream cheese, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 1:30pm, cherry ice, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Near the end of my ride. Felt warm and a little dehydrated, making this ice extra delicious. There should be a book about exercises matched with the foods that will be even more delicious after performing them. Here is a sample:
DO: An hour and half yogacize withthe HVS
TASTES BETTER: Vegan Cesar salad with woody bits of tempeh!
LUNCH: 2pm, fish balls with rice noodles, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 6pm, potato chips, roast chicken, mashed potatoes, salad, asparagus, homemade cookies n' creme ice cream, flourless chocolate cake, 2 glasses wine, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Roshashana dinner at mother in law's, catered by Fresh Direct. Everything was pre-cooked, a reheated, except for the ice cream I brought. Nothing was served that I couldn't have made myself, better and fresher, all could have been knocked out in about 2.5 hours, for about half the expense. But this is the world we live in, I suppose.

No comments: