Wednesday, September 30

Macho

Got out to the farmer's market after spending the morning doing laundry, visited a friend at work. Picked up some lumber to make an elevated bed in the coop garden. Got some funny looks while I walked down Delancey Street, Edie strapped to my front legs and arms akimbo, and a large pack of planks balanced on my right shoulder. I guess this is the most macho I've looked since I once had a mustache for a few days....

BREAKFAST: 10am, toasted bagel with cream cheese and smoked sable, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Delayed by the laundry, but looking forward to eating this. I picked up a little fish at Russ & Daughters on the way home from food shopping yesterday. My dad tended to go for this fish because it's cheaper than sturgeon, but I much prefer it regardless of price. When he passed away, people sent a few huge platters over from R&D, and I gorged on this stuff for a few days -- every one else ate the salmon and sturgeon, but this is where it was at.

LUNCH: 1pm, falafel salad box, grape soda, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
On the town with Edles, felt nippy but wanted something on the healthier side. A lot of people are insecure about meat -- they'll eat it when out, but live a faux vegetarian lifestyle to cover for their dearth of cooking skills. I guess I'm starting to flip that -- a lot of cheap meat gussied up is served in this town, but if I buy the meat unprocessed myself, I'll know I'm not eating the ass-end, so to speak.

This salad box was very unsatisfying - $8 for a very small container, and after my 1st serving, just wanted to get out of there. Had to go find a Boylan's grape soda right after to settle me.

DINNER: 4:45pm, sliced pork on superhippy bread, large green salad, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Sliced yesterday's pork chop thin and reheated in a little butter, really good. Wasn't intending to eat this early, but was feeling off.

EVENING SNACKS: 9-10pm, ritz crackers n' peanut butter, pistachios, shrimp chips, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Fell asleep after dinner, woke up to get into bed but couldn't fall back to sleep. Felt off, thought some munching could settle me. This new bag of shrimp chips were disgusting, mad from tapioca starch and tasted like the inside of a shipping container from China.

No comments: