Wednesday, October 28

Edie EATS!


I was away teaching teenagers how to cook to feed themselves, and back at home Edie had her very first solid food. Even though I'm the keeper of this blog, B is on Team Learningtofeed, so I guess it's no biggie. We got some Gerber rice cereal (rice flour supplemented with all sorts of vitamins and steroids (kidding!)) mixed with a little freshly squoze booby juice, and fed it to her with a sterling silver spoon we were given as a gift. Edie has recently been imitating chewing motions when watching me eat, so she was really ready to move forward. According to B, "She was very chewy and giggly and licking her lips just like Rufus."

BREAKFAST: 8:45am, smoothie, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Standard with frozen fruit. There is a pomegranate and a papaya giving me the stink-eye in the fridge, but they will just have to wait.

AM SNACK: 11:45am, large piece of chocolate babka, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH:
12:30pm, orechiette in wine & butter sauce with shrimp, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
Made a nice lunch with what was on hand, to thank Yomomma and L for coming over and watching Edles while I was off teaching. Red wine to sec, worchestshire, butter, olive oil, vinegar, all on top of some sauteed shrimp. A little salt, big flavor. I also served some apple crisp and vanilla ice cream, but after my babka gobbling, I had no stomach for it.

DINNER:
7:30pm, mac n' cheese, Caesar salad, chicken, brownie, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Cooked up a storm, with 6 teenagers at the school. Mac n cheese with a proper bechamel, a Caesar salad with the dressing from scratch, croutons made right there, multiple sheets of brownies, a big green salad for tomorrow, and lots of sauteing of chicken breasts. A lot of positive feed back -- funny, because I was dissatisfied with the mac n' cheese and brownies because I know they can be so much better due to the uneven ovens, but didn't want to disrespect the effort the kids made.

EVENING SNACK: 9pm, vanilla ice cream, .15 bowl, hunger 3/5

No comments: