Thursday, October 29

Shortbread daze

A good day, though ate a bit much due to making shortbread. Spent the early morning making a complicated shortbread recipe from Cook's Illustrated, so I can bring a nice adult sweet to a Halloween play date tomorrow. Kinda shocked how much better this short bread is compared to the super simple shortbread I made in the past.

BREAKFAST: 8am, organic cheerios with organic dead milk, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM SNACK: 10am, homemade short bread, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM SNACK: 11:30pm, a few licks of melted chocolate
I couldn't help myself, the short bread was good that I had to kick it up a notch by melting some dark chocolate and dipping the bases of the cookies in it. A thing of beauty.

AM SNACK: 11:45pm, left over pasta, .25 bowl, hunger 3/5
Sugar making me queasy, a little greasy starch to bring me down.

DINNER: 6pm, slice of roast beef sandwich, a handful of brownie squares, can of ginger ale, a few tastes of mayo, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
The students and I cooked a buffet for the PTA conference. Included were mac n' cheese and a big green poppa-style salad, large cold-cut sandwiches, and brownies. As much as possible, from the vinaigrette to the roasted peppers on the sandwiches, were from scratch.

EVENING SNACK: 9pm, 2 pieces of chocolate dipped short bread, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: