Tuesday, November 10

Maintenance dose

BREAKFAST: 9am, smoothie, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM SNACK: 10:45pm, 1 cold potato samosa, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Picked up some ingredients at Wholefoods, felt a little nippy. Not very good.

LUNCH: 12:15pm, tomato soup, half a salami and tallegio sandwich, a piece of bread, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
After a baby book reading group, grabbed lunch with a couple of the muthahs. Sandwich was surprisingly tame, was expecting a bigger flavor.

PM SNACK: 1:45pm, a bite of white bean dip, a square of cookie crumble, .25 bowl, hunger 3/5
At the playdate drop in, would be rude not to try the organizer's homemade snacks.

PM SNACK: 3:15pm, slice of streetza, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER PT 1: 5pm, large green salad, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
I knew I was going to be downtown and would probably be unhealthy, so got this in as an appetizer before leaving.

EVENING SNORT: 6:15pm, 1/4 pint of a Guinness
I was surprised to find my wife didn't know I didn't like Guiness. I don't mind stouts, but Guinness never seemed to balance the bitter/smooth for me.

DINNER PT 2: 7pm, shrimp empanada, McDonalds "Medium" Fries, small plate of tuna rolls, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
As B enjoyed a reading by a friend a a bar, me n' Edie enjoyed the warm weather between the tall buildings of the financial district. Lots of fast food. Stopped in three joints to complete this meal. Always amazed by the size of McD's fries. What they call a medium was my childhood's extra-large. And yeah, when I finished them, I craved more.

EVENING SNACK: 8:30pm, ice cream cone, small quantity of chocolate chip cookies, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
As Edie slept in the carrier, I swung by a drugstore before going home. I did not want a repeat of last night. This was like a maintenance dose of heroin for a junky, not enough to get me high, just enough to curb the cravings and get a good night sleep.

No comments: