Tuesday, January 5

No Intervention

After a calm day of a playdate drop in at the community center and some grocery shopping, made myself a quick meal then attended a meeting to establish a food coop on the LES. Had to leave early, as Edie was getting cranky. Spent the evening making chicken stock, and as B slept, Edie woke up a few times crying. I picked her up and soothed her, and 3 minutes later put her back in the crib -- this was the first time I got her back to sleep successfully without the intervention of Betsy. That was pretty satisfying.

BREAKFAST: 8:30am, good yogurt with homemade vanilla extract, cashews and honey, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM SNACK:
11:30am, tortilla chips with a little salsa, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH:
1:15pm, slice of streetza, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK:
1:45pm, piece of chocolate chip banana bread, hunger 4/5

DINNER:
6pm, bone-in pork chop, sauteed spinach, brown rice mushroom pilaf, apple cider, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Some left over rice microwaved, put a thick 2" chop in the pan with a little chicken fat for 20 minutes, took a bag of frozen spinach and put it in another pan with chicken fat, garlic, salt, cayenne and a little water and slowly heated it covered. Once I rested the meat for about 5 minutes, I tucked into another meal that I was surprisingly happy with. The spinach was tasty, the chop was a little less pink than I like but juicy and a nice crust. The rice from yesterday was an excellent nutty-tasting side dish, and I would be very happy if I got this plate at a restaurant for $23. Which makes me think, the food cost on this was probably about half that, and in a restaurant setting 1/4 would more appropriate.

EVENING SNACK: 11pm, vegan oatmeal chocochip cookies, sour cream and onion pop-chips, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Up late making chicken stock, got hungry.

No comments: