Friday, January 8

Snuggly

After doing the laundry in the morning, Edie and I napped and I ended up blowing off all plans for the afternoon. A cold snowy day outside, a warm snuggly baby inside, and enough little things to do around the house to remain sane. Edie fed strongly, and I got a few baby spoons of the good yogurt in. I can't begin to say how fun it is to feed her a food I love, and to watch her weird reaction; a screwed up little face followed by an open mouth looking for me.

BREAKFAST: 9am, apple cider, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Stomach still feeling a little weird from yesterday's dinner.

LUNCH: 12:30pm, rigatoni and sauce with meatballs, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Around 11:30 got hungry for lunch and started pacing the kitchen looking for something quick, but that feeling was what got me into trouble in yesterday's dinner. I happened to have an onion lying around and all the pantry ingredients for tomato sauce, so I made some. No recipe, just hoofed it, using a little tomato paste in the flavor base to see what would happen. Came out ok, I suspect the tomato paste gave it a stronger fakey tomato taste. Finished up the school meatballs.

I ate half my plate before realizing this was way too much food. I put it into a container and into the fridge -- in the past I would of just shovelled it down...

PM SNACK: 3:30pm, graham crackers and dark chocolate, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 6:30pm, 2 veggie soy sausage patties, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 8pm, chicken soup with vegetable gyoza, wheat crackers with the good peanut butter, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
Stomach was feeling acidy but hungry. Roving around the kitchen again, realized I had freshly made never-frozen chicken stock in the fridge, so I cut it with 50% water and boiled up some dumplings in the freezer I picked up in Koreatown. Still nippy, B lead me to some wholegrain crackers which I shmeared with a little peanut butter. A light, very satisfying meal.

No comments: