Friday, March 26

Hush Puppies!!

Though my birthday was yesterday, the birthday eating will continue through tomorrow. I visited an old friend on S.I., who has a baby, and we took lunch of the Mall, a place I spent a lot of time at with my parents. In the late afternoon, on a movie date with my wife, I indulged in diet coke -- fast food and diet drinks, two things from the verboten list. I can't really beat myself up too hard about it, it's a special occasion and I'm not likely to repeat soon (though if I find an Arthur Treacher's, I might have to go in and buy a side of hush puppies....)

BREAKFAST: 7:30am, iced mint green tea, whole wheat waffle, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 12:30pm, fast-food fish n' chips with 2 hush puppies, sprite, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
I have not seen an Arthur Treacher's since I was a kid, and when I would visit my grandma with my mom, we'd go to one on 23rd St off 1st ave. It's all deep fried and relatively generic, except for the perfectly round hush puppies. I remember loving these things, and eating one today took me right back, that distinct slightly funky tartar flavor. I gotta find a recipe and recreate these, only healthier...

PM SNACK: 3pm, iced mint green tea
Tired. Need energy.

PM SNACK: 5pm, popcorn, diet coke, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Out on a date with my wife, friends babysitting. Needed the caffeine, and despite it being a verboten diet thing, it's a traditional thing from my past life which I got to share with my wife, so I'm not gonna beat myself up.

DINNER: 7:30pm, chicken burrito, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
It was a wholewheat tortilla, but I would not say this was particularly healthful.

No comments: