Wednesday, April 7

Amazing jumping cookies!

Slept for 13 hours, it just snuck up on me. Still a little sore from the weight work out on Monday, but tomorrow should be ready for another lifting session. Took it easy and stayed in and played with the Edie until Yomomma arrived around 1, then took off to teach. We prepared a very rich risotto, and my supervisor supplied unusually good chocolate chip cookies which jumped down my throat.

But despite that cave, I did avoid drinking soda at school and eating pizza and sodas at the restaurant after. I was hoping the risotto would get me through, but found myself scavenging in the kitchen in the evening. I need to reup on my snacks, to get me more in the green zone...

AM SNACK: 8am, glass of iced mint green tea
I made a batch of mint syrup yesterday, and I noticed something weird about it this morning -- it had recrystallized in the plastic container!! I knew this was possible, but I never saw it happen before. I guess I need to reheat it, but I wonder if that will effect the mint flavor...

BREAKFAST: 9am, pumpernickel bagel with cream cheese and sable, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: Noon, herring on demihippy bread with avocado, flax corn chips with salsa, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 2:30pm, cranberry lime seltzer

DINNER: 5pm, sausage fennel risotto, 3 chocolate chip cookies, lime seltzer, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK: 9pm, flax corn chips with salsa, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK: 10pm, Ritz cracker-like crackers with good peanut butter, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: