Friday, April 9

Pizza Della Tazza


Woke up with my buttocks sore -- the lunges of my work outs of the day before definitely felt. I originally hoped to work out 4 times a week, but allowing myself to fully recover seems it will be more like 2x a week. Are buns of steel too far off?

I had 2 pints of beer the night before and not enough sleep, and with the rain outside, the day was mellow. Put away laundry, cleaned up the house a bit, took a walk with Edie for some chores in the hood.

I baked up some cupcakes for my friend MAP's event, Cupcake Camp, basically a cupcake exchange on steroids at a local bar. Doing a sweet thing would be...excessive, so I went in the savory direction. Cupcakes have been trendy for a while, and my own preference for pizza has been trendy, so I thought to jam the two food trend together, however awkward. Using this buttermilk corn muffin as a base, I added minced fresh oregano & basil, a dash of red pepper, threw in the egg yolks, and a large fist of grated parm. When in the cup, I inserted a small piece of browned hot Italian sausage, then topped with a small piece of moz, drizzled some tomato sauce on top of the cheese, then baked. Once cooled, used a star-tip to pipe some ricotta (smoothed with a little heavy cream and olive oil) to add a florette, and topped with half a grape tomato.

I went to the event, but a) it was super crowded in a small space and b) it was way more sugar than any body should eat in one sitting. I purposefully ate dinner right before going, so resisting the siren's call wasn't too difficult.

AM SNACK: 7:30am, glass of iced mint green tea

BREAKFAST:
8:30am, pumpernickel bagel with cream cheese and sable, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH:
12:30pm, whole wheat matzo farfel, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK:
5pm, 2 pizza-cupcakes, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER:
6pm, shrimp, sauteed spinach, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK: 7pm, 1 tiny 1-bite chocolate cupcake

EVENING SNACK: 10:30pm, homemade granola, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: