Thursday, April 8

Haggis ain't all that

Did a weight regimen in the morning, made some good waffles, ate pizza in Union Square with a friend, and went out to a Scottish restaurant with bunch of peeps for dinner. Haggis ain't all that, minerally like a blood sausage, gritty in a good way from oats. The Beef Wellington I ate was surprisingly good, makes me want to go out and braise something, but if I'm trying to keep red meat to once a week, that may have to wait. Dinner involved carousing, which involved 2 beers, which was a bit too much for me, but considering my company all downed 4+, I guess that's restraint, right?

AM SNACK: 7:15am, glass of mint iced green tea

BREAKFAST:
9:30am, 2 wholewheat buttermilk waffles, 3 slices bacon, quart o' water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Experimented with the waffles again, replacing whole milk with buttermilk, keeping wholewheat pasty flour and light brown sugar. Damn if it just didn't get a bit better. This was almost restaurant quality, if I can only tame the persnickety caste-iron...

LUNCH: 1pm, low-cheese pizza, seltzer, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK:
5pm, 1 slice demi hippy bread with hummus, some granola, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER:
8pm, Beef Wellington, a few cockles, a little lamb sausage roll, a few pieces of cured meat, a spoonful of haggis, 2 pints of beer, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: