Friday, April 16

Edie the Destroyer

Edie, Destroyer of Computers: As I was typing away on the couch this morning on the laptop, Edie stands herself up between my legs, reached to the top of the screen and yanks backwards with all her weight --- CRACK! The spin of the laptop snaps, the screen falls back and the colors go all blinky and crazy. An hour later at the computer repair shop and $700 lighter, the true cost of a baby becomes apparent... but she was so gosh darn cute while she was destroying!

Ate reasonably most of the day, lifted some weights, a friend with baby came over and I fried up the rest of the latkes. In the early evening I took off on bike to Coney. Before I left, I was getting hungry and craved sugar, flourless chocolate cake was taunting me but took a detour to grapes. By the time I got to Coney, I realized I was REALLY hungry, the kind of hunger that would make me bonk if I didn't eat something a bit heavier. So Nathan's beckoned with a hot dog, something I would eat (2x as much) casually just a year ago, now I considered it. Tastes great, well made despite being fast food. The signage has calorie counts -- the dog is about 300 calories. A large chili cheese fries is about 1900 calories. Weird. 

Hunger really let loose when I got home, went freezer fishing and ate three once-a-week items in combo, oy. Very satisfying, though.


AM SNACK: 6:30am, iced mint green tea

BREAKFAST: 8am, wholewheat buttermilk waffle, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 12:15pm, large green salad, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 2pm, latkes with apple sauce, iced mint green tea, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 3:45pm, grapes, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK:6:15pm, hotdog, clif bar, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 8:30pm, hot unsweetened green tea

PM SNACK:9:45pm, smoothie pop

DINNER: 10pm, homemade beef chili over fresh pasta with cheddar, flourless chocolate cake, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5


No comments: