Sunday, April 11

Ride


Last week on my bike ride, I ate cheesy corn puffs that were imported from South America. On today's bike ride, I came across another bag of savory chips, this one proudly made in New York. How the packaging proclaims the potato stick as some sort of symbolic NY snack is beyond me.

After yesterday's heavy desserts, had a hard time falling asleep. Got to bed around 1, was up at 5:30am and out on the bike by 6:30. Was supposed to ride with others, but they all punked out, but I needed to ride -- if not today, the next ride will be Friday. What's 4.5 but a number?

Approached the bike-eating a little differently. Small things a few hours apart, a few spiked with caffeine. Worked pretty well, got me through without any lags until the last few miles of the 80 mile trek. A podcast I listened to during the ride proclaimed that the human brain is only about 2% of the body's weight, but consumes about 20% of it's energy. By the end of this ride I could believe it, I felt drunk and slow....in a good, expended way.

I originally planned a homemade pasta and beef chili dinner, but after the last few eating days I had, that will just have to wait until the end of next week!

AM SNACK: 5:30am, iced mint green tea

AM SNACK:
6:30am, chocolate donut

AM SNACK:
8:30am, caffeinated cliff bar

AM SNACK:
10:30am, small bag of dipsy doodle corn chips, 20oz of Gatorade

LUNCH:
1pm, turkey on whole wheat bread with let, tom, on & roasted red peppers, potato sticks, a Manhattan Special, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER:
5:15pm, shrimp and string beans over brown rice, steamed vegetable dumplings, shrimp toast, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK: 8pm, smoothie pop

EVENING SNACK: 9pm, small amount of homemade granola

No comments: