Tuesday, April 13

Smoothie Ice Cream Experiment

Once I shook off the morning haze and got some smoothie in my, I did some weights and exercises -- my reps on push ups and sit ups are already improved. Still ridiculously low numbers, but nice to see any progress.

After a little book reading with Edie and lunch with a mom friend, got in the cooking groove and popped out a dinner for 4. After, spent pretty much the entire evening making beef stock (a 6 hour simmer time on top of 45 minutes of roasting bones) and preparing for tomorrow's class, my visit to the restaurant, and anticipating me n' Edies first swim class!

AM SNACK: 8am, iced mint green tea

BREAKFAST: 9am, smoothie, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
The smoothie pops I've been freezing with the excess have been good, but unless I lick it, I bite into large ice crystals that are unappealing in the mouth. So as an experiment, I ran today's excess through the ice cream maker -- whipping air into it as it froze, preventing large crystals and adding air to the volume. It seemed to work, but I only got two pops out of it -- so much was wasted getting stuck to the barrel's walls.

LUNCH: 12:15pm, half a porcetta pizza, 2 cured sardines on crusty bread, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
At Pulino's with a mom after the library baby event. Fortunately, she suggested the sardine app, a big green code. I am not red-lining the pizza despite it having pork on it because a) it was a relatively small amount on a small amount of pizza and b) it was a house cured whole-meat product, not a scary industrial dry sausage or something.

DINNER: 5:15pm, homemade mushroom ravioli with tomato sauce, roasted asparagus and portobello mushrooms, green salad with whole wheat croutons, 2 macarons, 4 truffles 1 glass wine, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
A nice dinner with another couple in the 'hood with baby. 7 ravioli, 5 spears of asparagus, very moderate portions in my book. The croutons, made from whole wheat and toasted in the oven with butter and salt, really made the otherwise ordinary salad pop.

EVENING SNACK: 9pm, homemade granola, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK: 9:45pm, multigrain tortilla chips with salsa, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: