Monday, April 12

I GOTS FEETS!!


I was surprisingly sore in the legs from my ride yesterday -- that's good, that means my body is getting up to 100-mile abilities again. It was a slow 80 and dizzy at the end, but the next one will be stronger.

Me n' Edles went out to the BK to visit C and her 2 month old, then hit up the food market and spent the late afternoon and evening cooking. Made chicken stock (and shmaltz), salad for the week, dinner for myself, then macarons for the dinner party we're having tomorrow eve.

This was my third attempt at macarons -- the first was clownish, the second was better but still a bit amateur. This time I used proper professional food dye gel, not the liquid drops you get at a supermarket. Also, the kitchen was quite warm when drying out the batter after piping. Plus I cracked the oven open while baking to encourage drying. I gots the feet that make 'em look professional! Wooo!

AM SNACK: 8:30am, iced mint green tea

BREAKFAST: 9:30am, toasted pumpernickel bagel with cream cheese and sable, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 12 noon, mozzarella panini, small portion of fries, half a brownie, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
There goes the first desert of the week!! Out to lunch with C and her baby, she wanted to share a desert, seemed unfriendly to say no.

PM SNACK: 1:30pm, glass of black cherry soda

DINNER: 8pm, large green salad, sauteed red pepper & garlic chicken sausage, roasted asparagus, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Simple asparagus -- tossed with a little olive oil and salt, put on a baking sheet and baked at 350 for 10 minutes. The tips were slightly brown, crisp but slightly soft, nice.

EVENING SNACK: 10:30pm, multigrain tortilla chips and salsa, bits of macaron cookies, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Unfortunately, the lack of a starch or carb left me awfully hungry as the evening went on.

No comments: