Thursday, June 17

Day of the Shortbread

The shortbread I made yesterday kept on jumping down my throat, bad shortbread!! Good thing it's all gone now, except for a dozen pieces set aside to compete in a bake-off in B's office. Good shortbread!

Took Edie to a play group at the local community center in the morning, we road the bike over the Manhattan Bridge and visted the resto in the afternoon. A short nap made the afternoon a bit cranky and we had to skip E's bday party, hopefully she'll appreciate that my daughter's safety and comfort kinda comes before all else...

BREAKFAST: 7am, iced green tea, organic wholegrain cheerios with the good unhomogenized milk, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


AM SNACK: 8:45am, piece of chocolate coated shortbread


LUNCH: 11:30am, rice noodles with curry sauce and fishballs, 2 lotus leaf wraps with pork, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5


PM SNACK: 1:30pm, piece of chocolate coated shortbread

DINNER: 6:30pm, beef taquitos, shrimp burrito, 3 pieces chocolate coated shortbread, 2 bowl, hunger 4/5
Ordered in from a local Mexican place I've passed many times but never actually ate from. I heard from peeps that it's good, and indeed it was better than the more gringo-friendly places I've had, though I think I ordered wrong, like a gringo. I think I need to explore their menu a bit, get out of the gringo comfort zone...

No comments: