Friday, June 18

Ediemorning

Woke up early to get ready for tomorrow's Montauk Century. Let B sleep in, took Edie out for a 5:30am walk, the local diner was still closed so we went to the local playground, we were the only peeps there. Serious quality time -- me & Edie were the only people alive on the Lower East Side! Me and Edie vs. the world!!

Looking back at what I ate today, oy. Next week got to refocus on the color system, and perhaps a big ol' salad.

AM SNACK: 3:15am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 6:15am, BLT on rye, homefries, diet coke, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Took Edie out to the greasy spoon around the corner, where I used to go with my parents in later years. I had a diet coke in their honor, with a slice of lemon just like my dad liked. I try not to go on and on about it in this blog, but I miss them every day, though in a happier way, wishing they could see all the neat stuff Edie does and is becoming. Edie was a little resistant to the bottle of milk and wedges of cheese I brought down for her, but she gobbled up the greasy homefries from my fingers like it was the best thing since sliced bread. Ridiculously cute! OH, if only my parents could see!

LUNCH: 2:30pm, half a pork sandwich, fries, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Out in the West Village via bikes with my family. Heavenly, except for the mediocre sandwich. Travelling by 2 wheels as a family unit brings another layer of depth my my cycling career. Doesn't hurt that B just got a proper bicycle.

DINNER: 6pm, shrimp and broccoli with pork fried rice, egg roll, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Usually wait until AFTER a big ride to eat like this, but was feeling it.

No comments: