Wednesday, September 8

Damn, ice cream!

B had off today, and before I even left they jetted off to Connecticut to be with family. Not exactly jealous, just wish I could have been on the train with them, then magically appear at work on time. I like train travel. It was odd leaving for work from an empty house, no cute little hobbit to shout "buh buh!!" at me with an uncoordinated little wave. Makes me appreciate how less my life would be if I did not have B&E in it. B&E, that would make a good name for a neighborhood restaurant concept...

Why do I constantly, unendingly, repeatedly write "hunger 4/5" after every entry if it never seems to change? Because the habit of writing it reminds me to ask myself if I was actually hungry when going to eat this item. I was raised to eat on a schedule -- breakfast, lunch, dinner -- without regard to if I was hungry or not. I'm pretty good at eating when hungry and not eating when not hungry, but this is my own constant reminder.

BREAKFAST: 7:30am, organic wholegrain cheerios with the good milk, half a banana, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
AM SNACK: 10am, Manhattan Special
LUNCH:
12:30pm, 3 slices Sicilian with mushroom and onion, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
PM SNACK: 4:45pm, green salad, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
PM SNACK: 5:15pm, chocolate ice cream, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Damn, Jaques Torres has some of the best chocolate ice cream in the world. I sometimes amaze myself because when I make ice cream, it's better than any Haagan Dazz or Ben & Jerkys, but being better than a mass-produced industrial item is not that big of an accomplishment. JT's chocolate ice cream is like mine, in that it clearly is made fresh without gums or preservatives, but his balance of chocolate and the temp it is served at is so crystal clear and pure, my ice cream has only come out a few ways like this by luck, while every time I've gotten ice cream from this place, it's perfect. Damn.

PM SNACK:
6pm, 1 meat ball, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 8pm, pizza, .5 bowl, hunger 3/5


EVENING SNACK: 11:30pm, multigrain wholewheat bread with nutella, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: