Tuesday, September 7

Saying vs. Doing

Woke up with seriously sore muscles at the base of my neck, from the painful back massage I received yesterday. I assume this is supposed to be good for me...

I wanted to eat breakfast, but I just wasn't hungry. How do I make sure I'm hungry for breakfast? I know it's sound nutritional science that says a big breakfast, a medium lunch, a small dinner and small snacks in between make for the best health, but saying it and DOING it are two different things.

Well, at least

AM SNACK: 7:45am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST: 11:45am, nutella pizza, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
I made the rare pizza at the restaurant as the guys set up and prepped. A few chunks of refrigerated nutella, olive oil and salt. The nutella never really spread, it started to char before it could melt. Though it looked a bit gross, it had that burnt-marshmallow caramelized-sugar flavor you get on a smores.

LUNCH: 2:45pm, green salad, sprite, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
After my frustration with a monster 20oz bottle of soda this past weekend, it was nice to sip on a glass 8oz bottle of soda at the 'rant. They're kinda old-timey in terms of both size and shape as well as material, and because of the cold temp of the glass, one could think it tastes different, too. Ironically, this true single-serving bottle has no nutritional info on it, as it's packaged for restaurant sale, not in a market.

PM SNACK:
3:30pm, small plate of roasted potatoes, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
DINNER: 6pm, slice of ricotta pizza, slice of clam pizza, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
EVENING SNACK: 8:30pm, slice of pizza, sprite, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
EVENING SNACK: 10:30pm, small amount of espresso ice cream, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: