Wednesday, October 6

Satisfying

I really enjoy making breakfast pancakes and waffles from scratch on the weekends -- the best part is it's easy to make many extra to freeze, so Edie can enjoy them all week long. And enjoy them she does, I think it's my first non-baby dish that she can't get enough of. Making enough money to support a family, providing a roof from the elements, those are all great, but being able to make something from raw pantry items into something my child just loves, there are few more satisfying feelings. Other than, maybe, squashing a multi-day heated argument with my wifey.

Tomorrow is two milestones -- in the morning I got to my generalist for a check up (and a blood sample, ick!) and in the afternoon I go to teach the first class of the culinary after-school program at the Brooklyn High School. Yes, I look forward to Friday (only hitting up a dermatologist to get some skin tags removed) and Saturday (dentist - cleaning) where I can spend some quality time making waffles for the McFeedles.

BREAKFAST:
8:15am, 2 banana pancakes, iced green tea, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
LUNCH: 12:15pm, half a medium Sicilian pizza with onion mushroom & sausage, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
PM SNACK: 3:30pm, green salad, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
PM SNACK: 6pm, 2 cookies
PM SNACK: 7pm, 1 slice cheesless shrimp pizza, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


EVENING SNACK: 10pm, 2 little burgers and fries, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: