Sunday, October 3

gut.

For the past 2 nights, I've been sleeping for about 11 hours, and it can't just be chalked up to jet lag anymore. My nose is a little stuffy and I feel a little low energy, so I assume my body is fighting (mostly successfully) a bug. My original plan was to wake up before the sun and do a mega ride out to my parent's resting place or up the Croton Aqueduct to the reservoir, but when I woke up and took stock, my first thought was not to ride at all and take it easy. But with the family and the job and all that, riding is very much a rarer privilege that is not to be taken lightly, particularly with my weight concerns and winter's cold blanket descending rapidly.

So I did a slow tug out to Coney, a ride I've done hundreds of times but enjoyed it thoroughly anyway. When I got home, Betsy herself was in a bit of a bleah stay-in mood, but I got her, Edie and Grandma to come out to the playground and enjoy Edie's running-about. Once home, we ordered in and I spent the night zoned out on the TV and zoned out in Edie's room helping her wind down into her sleep.

Just when I think Edie couldn't be more fantastic, she unveils another trick -- she's earnestly starting to mimic language, rather than randomly make sounds that sound like words ("papa", etc) -- her first word may well be "good", but with a German accent.

Me: "GOOD!"

Edie: "GUH!"

Me: "GOOD!"

Edie: -- pause -- "GUT!"

Me: "GOOD!!"

Edie "HAHAHAHHA! gut."


BREAKFAST:
8:30am, pumpernickel bagel with butter and sable, iced green tea

BIKE SNACK:
11am, clif bar

BIKE SNACK:
2:30pm, cherry ice

PM SNACK:
3:30pm, baby carrots, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 4:30pm, crappy chocolate ice cream cone, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER:
5:30pm, shrimp panang curry with sticky rice, spring rolls, small green salad, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: