Monday, November 1

Stabilized

229.6 --> 229.0

So for the most part, my weight stayed steady this past month. 230 is pretty much the weight my body strives to be, no more, no less at the age of 39. I have been fitfully eating much better the past week or so, forgive a gyro here or there. As I go into the winter months looking forward to the heavier meals I love to make (chili!! mac n' cheese! cheesecake!), I must think in terms of quality more than quantity.

T & B have remarked how "thin" I look this past week or so, but the numbers and the amount of exercise I've been getting don't bare it out -- maybe I'm more comfortable wearing non-baggy clothes? But there is a delivery driver at work, a nice but strange Asian woman in her 20s with limited English, who bluntly told me the other week that I'm very handsome, but too "wide". (Don't worry, B, she's not interested in men, wide or narrow!)

Today is the first day of a desert-fast with T -- no refined sugar, no sinful treats like brownies or soda. Sugar itself is fine, if in a nutritional package, like fruit or a smoothie. The trick will be to manage the cravings until Friday, where T & I will indulge!

BREAKFAST:
8:30am, steelcut oatmeal, iced green tea, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
I seasoned the oatmeal while cooking, with a good shake of brown sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon. While reheating my portion in the micro, put a pat of butter on top which I mixed in when done. Wonderfully delicious, basically what those fake packets of instant oatmeal try to strive for, but with cartoony flavors, sickening sweetness and chemical enhancements. This, on the other hand, is the Good Oatmeal.

AM SNACK: 11:45am, 3 pieces of freshly baked bread, handful of olives, a few slices of cucumber, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
LUNCH:
2:15pm, 6 very thin slices of pizza, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
PM SNACK:
5:30pm, half slice of white pizza
PM SNACK:
6:15pm, large green salad, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
A half-filled tub of nutella fell on the counter in front of me as I went for something on a high shelf in the kitchen. A twinge of sweet-lust coursed through my noggin for a second....


DINNER: 8pm, shrimp & clam pizza, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: