Saturday, January 28

Walkabout

Woke up 7ish after a fitful night. B&E took off with some friends to some children's thing on the UWS, while Mil & I ventured into the subways to Inwood Hill Park for a nice walk for an hour, before meeting up with an old friend for brunch. We hopped on the subway and walked across Central Park to grandma's house -- such a beautiful day, I only regret Mil is too young to be attached to a bicycle, so we could have been outdoors more and in subways less.


BREAKFAST: 8am, iced green tea, homemade granola bar, handful of chocolate covered espresso beans, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Ah, granola bar. Healthy convenience. When I first ate it the other day, it struck me as not sweet enough, as it is BARELY sweet, but on my palate first thing in the morning, it's mild sweetness is just right. Maybe the next version I'll put in green tea powder for a caffiene kick.



BRUNCH: 11:15am, buckwheat pancakes, bacon, a little melon fruit salad, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
At a resto with Mil and a friend, healthyish fair. The wholegrain pancakes came with the syrup and butter that I only added a little for flavor, but one thing I surprisingly enjoyed was the small side of cut up melon and a couple of grapes to decorate the dish. I see myself upping my fruit game this week, and not just in smoothies.

PM SNACK 3:35pm, momma salad, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


PM SNACK: 4:30pm, wholewheat ritz crackers, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 5:30pm, cesar salad, pizza, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Ordered in, nice to not cook or make dirty dishes. Large salad, three slices, down from my usual 4 (ordered from Lombardies, very thin, lightly topped - 4 slices of streetza would kill me!)


EVENING SNACK: 6:45pm, grenadine soda, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
The citric acid in the syrup is a revelation. Makes me want to experiment with making other syrups.

No comments: