Tuesday, March 27

Evening Snack Thoughts

Laundry and Mil in the morning, final class of the section in the afternoon/early eve. I just confirmed another section to start in 2 weeks, so that's cool, I guess this new school likes what they see/taste/smell, he he.

I laid Mil out on a blanket, and he turned over on his stomach, raised his head and propped up on his elbows. Did not crawl yet, but slowly turned in a full circle then fell asleep on his side. Cuteness uncontrolled!

TODAY'S COOKING:
Tomato Sauce: Sauteed too large onions to soft, added 3 grated carrots, a few tablespoons of chopped fresh oregano and thyme, tossed in some dried basil. Crushed in a few cloves of garlic. Two cups of red wine, simmered down to almost dry, then four big cans of freshly milled tomatoes tossed in. In to the pot went 4 rinds of parm and pecorino, removed after an hour of simmering. Big loud flavor, good if you want to only use a little sauce.


AM SNACK: 7:45am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 8:45am, whole grain Os with organic dead milk. .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: noon, small potato knish, small kasha knish, large green salad, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


SCHOOL DINNER: 6:45pm, empanadas, lasagna, string beans, flourless chocolate cake, pepsi, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


EVENING SNACK: 9:45pm, green olives & almonds, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Huh, interesting. I had a craving for a snack, but not for sweets. I had assumed what is driving this evening snack is sugar, but it's not, it's something more...emotional? I guess if I have to snack, making it something small and nutritionally packed isn't the worst I could do to myself.

No comments: