Friday, March 30

Stones, again

Ugg. I had a kidney stone incident last night, woke up around 1:15am, pain went from a 2/10 to around a 6/10 by 2am. Took an  oxy and a wave of nausea hit me around 2:30. By 2:45am, stoned and the pain receded. Enjoyed bad TV for a few hours, fell asleep around 5am. I had an appointment with the urologist at 1pm, but when I got there, they informed me the doc was out and I should have been called. So it is rescheduled for....the end of the month! God bless the US health care system. Let's hope nothing bad happens until then.

TODAY'S COOKING:
Blueberry Corn Muffins: Craving something sweet and baked, and had nothing in the house and did not feel like moving....so I moved over to the kitchen and adapted this recipe. Soaked the corn grits in milk for 10 minutes before starting. Swapped canola oil for bacon fat. Upped the eggs to 2 whole and 1 yolk. Added a tbsp of vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper, half cup of fresh blueberries. Came out surprisingly perfect-looking, tall and pointy tops, right color. Taste was good, maybe a bit too spicy, maybe the corn grits were stale...

AM SNACK: 8am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST: 9am, hardcore oatmeal, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM SNACK: 11am, homemade granola bar, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 1:30pm, apple

LUNCH: 2:30pm, slice of vegan zen pizza, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 6pm, fillet of sole, baked potatoes, brussel sprouts, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5 
It's the edge of the weekend, but I didn't feel like eating poorly, especially after last night's pain. Still, I couldn't help notice how loose I am with the salt, something I may need to restrict to avoid future stones.



EVENING SNACK: 8:30pm, 3 blueberry corn muffins, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: