Tuesday, April 3

Sugar, urrrg

The doc says my kidney's are 100%, despite the pain I experienced Friday morning, and unless I get a call in regards to the sample I just gave, just go on with my life. -sigh- Still, gonna be more conscious of salt regardless. There was a scary piece about equating sugar with disease and addiction on 60 minutes this past Sunday, make me think about my own compulsive need to indulge a little every night. A harmless indulgence, or something more sinister? My dad had adult-onset diabetes....

TODAY'S COOKING
Knishes: Targeted to make 48 potato knishes with half the filling, ended up making....53. Not bad. Between eating 2, 2 being too small and one hitting the floor, had to pat myself on the back. The matzo-based kosher-for-Passover "cake meal" gives a very distinct flavor (the flavor of MATZO!) and a real lack of stretch, just dry snap. Oh well. The dough was no fun to work with, but I was able to wrestle it into submission.

AM SNACK: 7am, iced green tea, Tylenol

BREAKFAST: 8:30am, hardcore oatmeal, a banana, pint of water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


PM SNACK: noon, several bites of potato knish filling
Had to repeatedly taste to get it right, and a taste had to be a solid tablespoon's worth, testing for fat, salt, onion.

LUNCH: 1:45pm, 2 potato knishes, wholewheat chicken nuggets, a little bit of homemade sauce, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Nice to be prompted for lunch by my hunger because I was too busy to pay attention to my stomach. Needed something quick, and freshly baked knishes was what was in front of me.

DINNER: 7pm, sushi, green salad, tempura, 7oz ginger ale, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: