Saturday, April 21

Whisky

Edie & I rode the big bike to Greenpoint while Milli & B took a cab, and we met some of B's friends for cawfee and a playground. Ran into a long-lost cousin working in a bookstore, was a very odd experience that lead me to take a slug of whisky after dinner with a friend, that I inherited from my Dad -- before I was born, he was something of a whisky drinker. When I cleared out my parent's apartment, found several books about whisky in his deep collection, all dating from the 50s. I took his last bottle, which also looks like it was from the 50s.

I don't get whisky. It's too "hot" (alcoholic) to enjoy straight, and the "good" stuff tastes like the inside of an old wooden barrel, he he.

TODAY'S COOKING
Knish filling & a few wholewheat knishes: Peeled and boiled 25 lb potatoes, dried them in the oven, split them into two big hotel pans, mixed them with a half gallon of caramelized onions each, 8 eggs each, a fistful of salt and three large blobs of vegetable shortening. Used up the left over wholewheat knish dough from yesterday to rip off a set of six for dinner tonight.

Brownies: Wanted to do something desserty for dinner since we had a guest, used the tried & true fudge brownie recipe as I had all the ingredients in the pantry & fridge.

BREAKFAST: 8:45am, iced green tea, 4 small buttermilk pancakes, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


AM SNACK: 10:30am, large chocolate & caramel cookie, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: 12:30pm, 1 slice streetza, 1 slice square streetza, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 12:45pm, 7oz Dr. Pepper

PM SNACK: 5:30pm, brownie, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 6:30pm, fillet of sole, roasted brussel sprouts, wholewheat potato knish, brownie, 2 glasses cava, shallow cup of whisky with an ice cube,  1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: