Monday, May 28

Son, get some teeth

While out and about with Mil today, went to Maoz and got a "Falafel Salad Box" -- a container with a 5 fried balls and a meager garnish of iceberg -- but then filled up from their salad bar. Tabouli, onion relish, roasted peppers, Israeli salad and a few other little things made the bowl overflow and topped with a healthy squirt of tahini. I know it's set up so I feel like I'm getting my $9 worth, but I know if I did the math if I made this at home this plate would be about $3. Still, a healthy vegetable-heavy vegetarian meal eaten in Union Square, with Mil pushed to one side while strapped to me, which didn't stop him from trying to eat what I was eating. Son, get some teeth, then we'll talk

TODAY'S COOKING
Banana Pancakes: T came over in the morning with Lil' EO, and we cooked up some good pancakes together. Added a cup of sour cream to the standard c-school recipe, came out tender, highly-risen and tasty.

AM SNACK: 7:30am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 9:45am, 2 banana pancakes, water, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: 12:30pm, falafel salad box, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


PM SNACK: 5:30pm, large momma salad, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 6:30pm, broiled cod, curry brown rice, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Broiled the cod for 10 minutes on high, came out a bit tough, edible but overcooked. I have a 3 lb bag of frozen fillets, so next time will cut back to 7 minutes.


EVENING SNACK: 8:30pm, frozen pizza, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Hmmmm.

No comments: