Friday, June 1

Cracking 3000

231--->229.8--->225.4


Went down by over 4 pounds this last month. Looking at the pattern of my weight since recording it month to month, this is the time of year I go down a little, but it comes back in the fall. Still, I lifted weights this morning, completing my regular 2x a week despite skipping the holiday on Monday and being too sick/tired/busy Tuesday. It's heartening that I really do feel good when I finish, in a similar way to how I feel better when I finish a long bike ride.

I'm not sure (yet) how many calories I need to take in per day to maintain my weight or to lose weight at a healthy rate, but I 'm pretty sure that going over 3000 is not ideal. Looking at what I ate today, it was mostly pretty healthy, and the unhealthy stuff was in relatively small quantities. (And if I had a sugared soda instead of diet, I could have easily piled on 300-500 more.) Huh.

THE COUNT: 3,015

AM SNACK: 6:45am, iced green tea, 45 cal


BREAKFAST: 10am, hardcore oatmeal, banana, 340 cal


LUNCH: noon, sardine & avocado on wholewheat toast, momma salad with ranch, 2 ears boiled corn with butter, water, 1070 cal
Huh, so that's what eating 1000 calories feels like. Felt good, full, comfortable, satiated. Surprisingly, the one tablespoon of dressing had the same number of calories as the cup and a half of carrot, cucumber, red pepper and onion.

PM SNACK: 2:45pm, bag of Fritos, 160 cal 


SCHOOL SNACK: 4:30pm, mouthful of brownie batter, ??? Cal
It was a substantial taste, as we were cleaning a huge pot and there was a lot to lick. 200.

DINNER: 6:30pm, Swedish meatballs & mashed potatoes, gravy, fries, a little salad, diet Pepsi, 1,200 cal
Got stuck at Ikea as the line was slow and had to stick around another 40 minutes to wait for the ferry. The cafeteria seduced me because....they listed calorie counts, he he. Hungry, ordered fries (330) to go along with the meal. Surprised how many calories. Satisfying, even if I skipped the overly sweet lingon berry mush.

No comments: