Monday, June 4

Return of the Weekend Report

During Saturday, life was slow-paced and I was updating this blog through out the day. I've decided to "Tom Cruise" it, to give myself the weekends to live a little free-er, to not count calories. Yet by writing down and talking about everything I was eating, it seemed like I was beating around the bush about reporting calories.

SO. From now on, I will go back to a feature I had when I was in culinary school. Back then, I would write long entries every day about what was gone over in school, addended by what I ate the whole day. I'd give myself the weekends off, and write a summary on Monday of whatever interesting things I ate or did in the kitchen.

WEEKEND REPORT:
It was a Tour de Doughnut Saturday -- left out on bike at 7am, realized the drizzle made it feel 15 degrees colder. Stopped at Doughnut Plant to eat donuts and regroup. Tried to find a calorie count on the doughnuts, but every reference found in google referred to them simply as "calorie bombs".  Took Edie out on the big bike, and it got beautiful and sunny. -sigh-. Sunday was a car ride to Albany for a niece's bat mitzvah. Bagel in the morning matched a bagel in the afternoon. Killed the meatballs and fresh pasta in the evening, looking to empty out the freezer to make way for ice cream treat's for Edie's birthday this Sunday....


THE COUNT: 3,265 cal
Huh. Is over 3000cal for me normal? I haven't been cutting back, just observing to get a baseline, but I gotta admit I'm surprised. I ate well today, but not (what I thought was) excessively.


AM SNACK: 8:45am, iced green tea, 45 cal


BREAKFAST: 10:30am, smoothie, 430 cal


LUNCH: 1:15pm, 2 stouffer's pizzas, water, 920 cal


DINNER: 5:30pm, broiled cod, sauteed spinach, potato gnochi with parm, watermelon, water, 1,400 cal
I doubled the suggested servings for all three elements of the meal -- the fish, potato pasta and veg. And it still seemed like a conservative amount. Had to eat almost a kilo of watermelon to feel full. -sigh-

EVENING SNACK: 8:25pm, chocolate chips & roasted almonds, 350 cal


EVENING SNACK: 9:30pm, multigrain tortilla chips with salsa, 170 cal

No comments: