Tuesday, May 1

Too Many Sweets

228.0--->231--->229.8

Weight is pretty much at a standstill, though I feel stronger from the weights, and though still not visible to the naked (or, eh, the clothed) eye, my muscles seem to be doing something. I wonder if I'll be able to get enough biking in this season to make any difference.

TODAY'S COOKING
Granola bars: Heated a pot of maple syrup, almond butter, flax, spirulina, salt & vanilla, 3 eggs. Mixed with the granola, pressed into a lined glass pan, baked at 300 for 20 minutes.

Brown Rice & Lentils: Added brown lentils to a brown rice mix of short grain brown rice, wheat berries & wild rice. Cumin, tumeric, a little curry, salt, bay leaves, peanut oil, onion powder, garlic powder. Put in rice cooker, walked away. Tasted ok, B seems to like it.


AM SNACK: 9am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 9:45am, brown rice crispies w/organic dead milk, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: 12:30pm, veggie burger sub on wholewheat, a few potato chips, orange soda, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Lunch at Subway.

PM SNACK: 1:30pm, brownie, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Just kinda craving a sweet snack, stopped in a bakery on St. Marks place. Looked better than it tasted. Too greasy, not chocolatey enough. I'm not a professional baker, but when I go into a bakery, I always kinda expect a brownie or chocolate chip cookie to be easily be superior to what I can make. Then I remember oh, wait, I actually went to c-school and learned how to make it just as good. And since I'm making 1 small batch for fun with the best ingredients I can find rather than 100s and 100s day after day using the cheapest ingredients possible, it shouldn't be surprising. But it always is surprising. If not surprising, disappointing.

DINNER: 6:30pm, chicken nuggets, lentils & brown rice, momma salad, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK: 8pm, hot dog, pint of grenadine soda, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Dinner wasn't big enough, got huge sugar cravings. I guess the soda and brownie from earlier in the day primed the pump.

No comments: